Wednesday 26 April 2023

Tangled web update

I had one of the most tiring and frustrating rounds of golf of all time the other day; here's why.

I thought why not try to use a swing that would suit a slightly older, slightly less flexible, golfer. So, I researched that and went straight to the course to try it out - straight to the course - first mistake.

Anyway, nine holes later, I'm finished, score wise, energy wise. I was out of ideas - except one, as follows.

Play the swing you've got. Make sure the fundamentals of set up and swing path are ok, then go with it. If that swing has served you fairly well, don't try to reinvent it, maybe tweak your set up a little, maybe try to be more rhythmic with better sequencing, but nothing more.

The goal should really be to keep the ball in play, give yourself the chance of making a decent score and finishing off each hole as well as possible - i.e. with some short game / putting practice.

I'm clearly a slow learner. The tangled web of tips and techniques from the web that I've tried to incorporate in my game, almost weekly, has only got me more and more tangled in a web of confusion.

That's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home